Monday, December 1, 2014

November Faves: Blogmas Day 1!

Alright, Blogmas Day 1! Seeing as it is December 1st, I thought today would be the perfect day to share with you guys my November favorites! I've been switching things up a lot this month so there's a few different things I thought I'd share with you. Let's get right into it!


1) Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in the shade 200 Comet ($3.69) - I don't know if this shade has been discontinued, but I think you can still find it in drugstores? Basically, this product is a lipstick in a tube... and has definitely been my go to lip product this month. It's a very natural, your lips but better kind of color, just perfect for those days when you just can't be bothered (which for me, this month, has been every day). It's super pigmented which is really nice, and the doe-foot applicator makes it really easy to work with!


2) Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in the shade 025 Sun Glow ($4.99)- Another Rimmel Product that may have been discontinued? I apologize guys, both of these products were rediscoveries in my collection! This bronzer isn't anything particularly fancy, just a bronzer that gets the job done. This time of year I tend to get pale (even here in California!) so I really like to just take this on a big fluffy brush and bronze up my whole face! It's very sheer and subtle so I don't end up looking orange or anything like that, and there's super super fine bits of shimmer in it as well, which I think is very pretty.


3) L'Oreal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighter in the shade Medium ($12.94)- I'm a big fan of the Magic Lumi line- I love that all of the products give this natural dewy finish. When I first bought this highlighter I wasn't crazy about it (especially since it's a dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat Radient Touch and that product is my ride or die). The product says the shade is medium, but it's definitely very fair- and that actually makes it a super effective highlight! This is now one of my favorite products and definitely my favorite highlighter- it's so pretty and just brightens up my whole face!


4) NYC Classic Brow/Liner pencil in the shade Jet Black ($0.99)- I feel like in every monthly favorites I've got a new brow product for you guys! I mentioned this product in my travel makeup bag post, so I won't go on about it too much, but this has easily become my favorite brow pencil. The color is the perfect fit for me, it's super easy to work with, and it's dirt cheap to boot!


5) Coastal Scents Hot Pot Eyeshadow in Cocoa Diamond ($0.98)- I received this color in a sample quad through Ipsy,  so I've linked just the single shade. It's described as "a decadent brown with a shimmer finish" online, and that's pretty spot on. It's just a really lovely, versatile color- I particularly liked taking it through the crease (especially paired with the Maybelline Bad to the Bronze- stunning!) And I think for that price point, this eyeshadow is a must have. Despite using it as a crease color mostly, I think it would still be lovely on it's own all over the lid or in the corner as an accent if you're using lighter neutrals! (It's the brown in the top right, though I've also been loving that blue shade Rainstorm for special occasions!)


6) Pacifica Natural Water- Proof Eye Pencil in the shade Fringe ($11)-  So, what typically happens with my Ipsy bags is that I receive a product, and then it sits in my makeup bag for a good few months before I realize how I want to wear it. For example- that Coastal Scents quad I received back in August, and it wasn't until October/ November that I really broke it out and began using it. The same goes for this pencil, which I got back in September (which is a slight improvement!). In my opinion, this isn't an eyeliner where you're going to get a good clean line or that sits well on the water line, but it's absolutely GORGEOUS if you apply it very messily and then smudge it out for a lighter, everyday kind of smokey eye. On my laziest 8 AM mornings, my holy trinity was the Maybelline Bad to the Bronze, the coastal scents shade in the crease, and then this pencil smudged on the lashline. Done. 



7) 1989 by Taylor Swift ($12.99) - I can not even begin to express how much I love this album!!! I don't think a single day has gone by since it was released where I haven't listened to it in it's entirety. A literal masterpiece, go give it a listen right now if you haven't. And hey, go give it a listen right now even if you have! It's that good.

That's it for my November favorites! I hope you guys enjoyed your holidays and are as excited about Christmas as I am. Let me know what your favorites were this month, I love trying new products!

See you tomorrow, stay beautiful!!
- Whit










No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS