Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag?

Hey guys! It is now just over 24 hours until I leave for Philadelphia, which means I'm now seriously starting to think about packing my makeup bag. I always try to leave this until the last minute, because otherwise I end up packing items I'm still using in my daily routine, and then I'm forced to find alternatives to the products I'm loving at 7 am, and no one wants that. Here's a look into what I'll be bringing with me!


I will be taking my makeup bag with me in my carry on, which is the Coach Weekender Tote that has a detachable makeup purse.

1) L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in the shade Medium ($10.95)- I decided to go with a BB cream because I felt that it would cover all the bases (light coverage, hydration, etc) and because BB cream is a very no fuss kind of product, which I find is very useful when you're traveling!

2) Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths ($15 for a pack of 30)- I received a mini pack of these in my Ipsy bag last month and have since been saving them specifically for this trip! Facial wipes are really nice when you're traveling because they're quick and easy in terms of removing makeup but also can keep you feeling fresh if you're coming off a plane!


3) Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the color 001 Tranparent ($4.99)- Probably the best drugstore powder in existence. I have the color transparent because I didn't want a powder that was going to give me any real coverage, I really just wanted one to control shine and this one is hands down the best!

4) Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30)- When I'm traveling, I really only want to have to bring one bronzer- so I'm looking for one that will be good for contouring as well as bronzing. This bronzer is definitely one of my all time faves (can you tell?) and I think it's one of the few bronzers out there that can effectively cover both bases!


5) NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit ($12)- I did talk about this product (and the Skyn Iceland Cleansing Cloths) in my October Ipsy bag reveal so I won't go on too much about it now, but this is just a very cute mini palette with 9 different bronze/ neutral tone shades and it's all very portable and nice for travel!!

6) L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara ($8.49)- Mine is in the waterproof version! I like bringing waterproof mascaras when I'm traveling, I feel they're longer lasting and I can touch my eyes when I have them on, haha! I quite like that the brush gets wider as you get toward the end, it really grabs the outer lashes and pulls them out, giving you that butterfly effect that's advertised. So pretty!  


7) Benefit Gimme Brow in the shade Medium/ Deep ($22)- My holy grail eyebrow product, I don't think I'm physically capable of leaving my home without it!

8) NYC Classic Brow/Liner pencil in the shade Jet Black ($0.99)- Yes, you read that right, this pencil is 99 cents!!! You can get a pack of two from the drugstore for about $1.50. I really like these pencils, they're so easy to work with and come in a variety of colors. A definite steal if you ask me!!


9) CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in the shade True Plum ($4.49)- I actually completely forgot I owned this blush until I found it today in my collection. But hey, it's a gorgeous color and traveling can be a great time to try out new products, so I thought I'd go ahead and throw it in my bag!

10) bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in the shade Get Ready ($18)- This is just the loveliest lipstick, the color is supernatural. It's one of those your-lips-but-better kind of products. I wanted to bring a lip color I could wear everyday without hassle, and the consistency of this one is super creamy and I think it's just a super product! 


And that's it! That is all the makeup I will be bringing with me! Are any of you guys going anywhere for Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments!

Stay beautiful! :)
- Whit









2 comments:

  1. what a lovely selection of products :)

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just checked out your blog as well, you're absolutely gorgeous!!

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS