Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mystery Glossybox Reveal!!!

You're probably asking yourself, "Whit, don't you have enough beauty box subscriptions?" and the answer to that question is probably yes. But, in my defense, Glossybox was having a  mystery throwback sale where you could purchase one of their previous boxes from over the course of the year for the discounted price of $15 (as opposed to the original price of $21), and without needing to buy a subscription!!! But the truth of it is, it's just really nice to receive nice things in the mail. In all honesty, I'm a bit late getting this post up... so let's not waste another minute!!



The packaging of this box was absolutely gorgeous... I almost didn't want to open it!! Talk about getting like an old-school full on package :)


But of course, I did finally convince myself to open it and move on to the exciting part... the products inside!

1) Essie Nail Polish in the color She's Pampered ($8.50)-  The perfection of the name aside, I can't deny that I love receiving nail polish. I feel like nail polish is the one product I will use no matter what shade is sent to me... I'll find a time and place for it! I was a little disappointed because I have a color very similar to this in my collection already... But you never know, once it's on it may look drastically different! Regardless, it's a gorgeous, vibrant red shade that will definitely get used.


2) Benefit They're Real! Mascara ($23 for a full size, sample size $10)- I'd like to go on the record and say that I LOVE this mascara, it's definitely one of my favorites. That fact aside, I'm really starting to stack up samples of it- and while that's awesome, because I'll never have to purchase a full size, it's actually kind of lame, because it would have been nice to get a product that I didn't already own. However, now that I have this new deluxe size, I can pack it in my travel makeup bag for when I'm in Philly, so I really can't complain. And hey, if you haven't tried this mascara before, this must have been awesome to receive in this box!!


 

3) Bvlgari Ea Parfumee Au The Vert Conditioner ($45 for a full size, sample size ~$16)- That's actually a link to the shampoo, I can't seem to find the conditioner on the website. I'm super excited to have received this conditioner!! I can't seem to justify spending that much money on a shampoo or conditioner, so it's really nice to have gotten like a good size; while it's not full, I can definitely get at least a few uses! And I'm about to run out of conditioner anyway. The scent features green tea, jasmine, and orange blossom, and that definitely sounds right up my ally! 


4) Vichy Liftactiv Nuit ($50 for a full size, sample size ~$15)- I'll be honest with you guys, I've used this cream a handful of times already in the few days between getting this box and posting- and I've got to say my skin literally DRINKS this stuff up!! It's pretty lightweight and sinks in quickly, and when I wake up in the morning my face just feels... quenched, for lack of a better word. And it smells really fresh and luxurious. It's a shame I'm loving it so much... but hey, if you're gonna splurge, you could go worse than splurging on skin care!


5) Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar: Matte in Black Dahlia ($18)- This is another product I've already opened (shame on me!). When I first saw this product, I was instantly intimidated- there was no way I was about to work a black lip. But the name is misleading, and this product actually blends out into the most beautiful, deep magenta, which is perfect for the fall (if you're adventurous!). I wore it out on Halloween and was instantly in love. I definitely feel like I'll be rocking this for a good portion of this fall!



So the approximate value of this box was $67.50, and that's a total steal for $15!! Do you have a Glossybox subscription? How do you like it? Let me know!

Stay beautiful!
- Whitney




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I didn't realise these mystery boxes existed! Are they only available in the US? I hope not! Going to do some research now, which ones would you recommend?
    Betty x

    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love makeup subscriptions! Such a fun way to try new products! Glossybox ships in the UK, I get that one and I really like it! It's a bit more skincare then makeup, but almost all the products are so full size and that's really nice. :)

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS