Sunday, November 2, 2014

October favorites!!

Hello all!! I hope you've all had a lovely October! I dunno, something about this month dragged a bit for me. I didn't have a whole lot of new beauty finds/ faves this month, but I thought I'd share what I'd been loving with you all regardless :)

1) Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze ($6.99)- Yes, I know I'm a bit late to the bandwagon on this one. But I have literally used this product every single day of October!! Easily my standout, ride-or-die fave this month. That entire dent in the pot is the product of this one month's usage. The color is just absolutely gorgeous, and super wearable either on it's own all over the lid or as a base. And the application is easy, I just apply it with my finger- which is perfect for the fall as this is the time of the year I start to get particularly lazy.



2) Manna Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion ($29 for a full size, on sale for $21.75?)- I'm a little confused by the website, but I'm pretty sure this is the same product. I got this deluxe size in my Ipsy bag in August, and just recently found it and started to use it. As my makeup regiment gets lazier and lazier (maybe it correlates with having to get up for school?) I stop wanting to put in the effort to put on a foundation. I instead opt to use a powder foundation and just make a point to moisturize, but the problem then becomes that my skin looks dull and lifeless and pale. Cue this product- I just mix a bit into my moisturizer in the morning and it adds just the right illumination and gives me that dewy look I want without any effort!! Amazing!! 


3) Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($23 for a full size)- This month I decided to go back to using a tried and true holy grail mascara: the Better Than Sex. This mascara is just so perfect! It volumizes, adds length, and holds a curl. And the application is so consistent, this mascara is so effortless I know that it will look flawless even if I'm applying it in the dark, half dead and decaffeinated ten minutes before an exam. True, I am using a sample size, but as soon as it runs out I will definitely be running to the store to purchase a full size!!




4) Ofra Universal Eyebrow Eyeliner ($13)- Another Ipsy product!! Admittedly, half of my makeup bag right now is full of Ipsy products, so I guess you could call Ipsy my monthly favorite this month. I was a bit torn about putting this product in my favorites this month, and let me tell you why. I do use this product every single day, and when used properly, it gives me the strongest of eyebrow game. But this product is super finicky- if you apply it with too heavy of a hand, it gets waxy and can be hard to blend out. This pencil is an ABSOLUTE nightmare to sharpen, and although the color is "universal" I'm not sure I buy that- sometimes it is the perfect color for me (when mixed with my Benefit Gimme Brow) but other times, it's just the slightest fraction of a degree too red for me. However, I can't argue with the results, so I have to give this product due diligence in my favorites, no matter how bitterly.



5) X by Ed Sheeran ($12.99)- I have been LOVING this album this month!!! It's an absolute masterpiece. Every song is so beautiful and raw and personal. The mood is just perfect for fall too, if you haven't given it a listen, I HIGHLY recommend it!

That's it for my favorites this month guys! I know there weren't too many, hopefully November will be a more beauty-filled month for me :) Also, if you're at all interested in checking out Ipsy (a monthly beauty subscription) you can check it out here!  And be sure to leave me a comment telling me which products you loved this month, I'd love to check out some new products!! 

Stay beautiful :)
-Whit



3 comments:

  1. Great choices - I need to try Too Faced make up.
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS