Sunday, November 9, 2014

Veteran's Day Weekend Haul!

I went to the mall with my mother today for some bonding, and as you may have experienced, when you're out with your mom you kind of stop by stores you wouldn't necessarily go into by yourself. A lot of stores were having some type of special or sale today, and I ended up picking up quite a few things, which was nice, as I really wasn't expecting to find anything. There's some makeup-y bits and some fashion-y bits and some lifestyle bits, we're really pulling all the stops out today!!


Makeup

1) Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation in the shade Beige 50- I wanted to save the best for last but I LITERALLY could NOT contain my excitement!!!! When I first started getting into makeup, this foundation was my holy grail product that I vowed to someday own, but every time I saw it in shop, I couldn't justify putting down almost $60 on a foundation. But today I finally splurged and picked it up (in part because it is quickly becoming unavailable) and it's so beautiful! Part of me just wants to stare at it forever and leave in untouched. I did pick it up a shade lighter than I had wanted (because my shade was sold out everywhere, even online!) but that should be alright as we get into the colder months, because even here in California my tan still fades.





2) The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash- I actually picked this item up in Ulta, because I had a coupon. Tea Tree oil is one of my all time favorite ingredients for skin products (does that make sense?) as it has a skin clearing effect, but also I think really tones and just purifies this skin. And while I'm still not very acne-prone, I have had some redness and even a few spots (just bumps, not even real spots) and I'm hoping this product helps take care of that.


Fashion

1) Nine West backpack- So I popped into Marshall's today with my cousin (while we were waiting on our mothers) and was just kind of looking around as I don't stop there frequently, and instantly fell in love with this bag. I had been thinking for a long time of picking up a little black backpack that I could use for day trips (because really, it can be a hassle to carry around a purse). I knew instantly I had to have it, and I'm just so happy about this purchase because I really feel like I got a great deal on it ($89 reduced to $24!!)! Additionally, I realized today you can find Ole Henrikson products in Marshalls for mad discounts, so yes, I will definitely be back. 


2) JCPenny's Frozen tank top- Okay, I LOVED Frozen. I'll admit it!! I was one of those people still singing "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" in the middle of August. And I thought that this was just the most precious little tank top ever! On top of that, I'm planning on going to Disneyland in December for my birthday, so really, I just thought, what the heck, I'll bite the bullet and put down $12 for this little cutie. And my mom had a coupon, so really there was just no way I was leaving without it.   


3) Arizona Metallic Oxfords- I recently saw a very similar pair of brogues in Topshop, that had the same silver/metallic kind of material, and just thought they looked really cool. However, I wasn't too sure how much wear I'd get out of them, so I decided to pass them up. Imagine my surprise then, when I saw this pair on clearance at JcPennny's! I felt that I could definitely justify taking a bit of a risk and stepping out of my comfort zone with these, as they weren't too expensive ($25). I'm gonna be honest guys, I really love these, I just think they're probably the coolest pair of shoes I now own, and although I'm not really about the shoelaces that came with them, it's a pretty easy fix :)


4) Style&Co t-shirt dress- My mom and I also popped into Macy's (which is her favorite store) and I saw this dress and just had to have it. It was also on special (originally $49, on sale for $21) and I just thought it was a perfect dress for the holidays. The material is quite thick too so it should be nice when it starts to get "cold". The picture isn't particularly good but the sequined portion is actually a light gold, and there are two pockets on the front which I thought was just a cute touch. The shape is pretty simple, but it just looks very classic and lovely on. 



Books

1) #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso- I mentioned that I had ordered this book in my last post, so I won't bore you guys with the banality (that's a GRE word for you!) of me discussing it again. Just know I've very excited to read this book, and I hope that I find it as inspiring and brilliant as everyone else has!

2) Mistakes Were Made (but not by me) by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson- I won't lie to you guys, I did order this book for my cognitive neuroscience class, but it actually sounds really interesting! It's about self-deception and why people are reluctant to admit when they've made mistakes or bad decisions. I'll definitely let you guys know if I think it's a good read!


Lifestyle

1) Santa Claus mug- Alright, call me a Christmas baby (I literally am a Christmas baby) but when I saw this mug for $5 at Michael's, I HAD to have it. Isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen? It's literally a mason jar with Santa Claus on the front!! The only downside is it won't hold hot drinks, but that just means this Christmas I'll be drinking frozen hot chocolate and iced eggnog lattes :)


 My god, that was a lot of things! I hope you guys are having a great weekend and if you're off for Veteran's day, I hope you enjoy that as well. If you picked up anything interesting recently be sure to let me know in the comments, I'd love to know!!

Stay beautiful!
- Whit




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS