Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Favorites!!

It's now officially October, and so I thought I would just share a couple of the makeup things that I've really loved this past month of September. More than likely, quite a few of these will move into my fall beauty regime with me, but I still thought I'd give them a shoutout :)

So first things first, a good concealer is actually a must for anyone in college. It's like, the rules of feminism. Just kidding. But really, it's a lifesaver when you just have a couple spots and you've already overslept for your 8 AM, or if you want to look awake after staying up all night to finish that paper. My savior this month has definitely been the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer ($4.47). It's such good coverage and it's the absolute perfect color for me. The only downside is I don't think there's a huge surplus of colors. Mine is in the shade 430, Medium.



My next product is the Topshop Cream Blush in the color Head Over Heels ($12). So, when I first started wearing makeup, when I knew even less about it than I do now, I use to take this very blush on a stippling brush, and I thought it looked great. One of my friends then proceeded to tell me you can't use a stippling brush to put on blush (which is, of course, absurd), so I stopped. Well, this month I got back into it, and let me tell you it is literally GORGEOUS. This blush is so absolutely beautiful and I'm so sorry I ever stopped using you. (Shoutout to Topshop, I can't wait to start there!!) I know the color looks a little intimidating, but good lord, is it beautiful on the skin. And the adorable Topshop packaging doesn't hurt one bit either!



If you're anything like me, you struggle with your eyebrows not for lack of trying, but because somehow, the harder you try the worse they look. That's where this next product comes into your life. And yes, I know that it's no secret that the Benefit Gimme Brow ($22) is a beauty blogger fave, but seriously, if you are interested in fast, easy, natural looking brows, give this gel a shot. It's like two minutes and you're out the door. Incredible!! So lovely and simple to use. :) Mine is in the color Medium/Deep.

 

The next product actually came in my September ipsy bag, and has quickly become one of my favorite parts of applying my eyeshadow. It's the NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow ($4.50), and mine is in the color Chandelier, which is described as a "cool frosty beige" on the website. I love using this color as an inner corner highlight, it just makes my eyes seem so much brighter and makes me look on the whole more awake. The thing that I love most about this eyeshadow, though, is it's staying power. If I happen to look in the mirror like, let's say 6 hours after applying it, I can still see it sparkling there in my inner corners, livening me up, which is always an incredible feeling. Ipsy is this really cool makeup delivery service which sends full and deluxe sizes of products out once a month for $10 :) I'll leave a link below if any of you are interested!



My last product I actually picked up a while ago and then forgot about, and recently rediscovered. It's the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (on sale for $5.69) in the color 001 Honey! It's just the loveliest transitional color for the fall. It's very much a your-lips-but-better kind of color, and even better, it's a stain! Moisture and color in one package, what more could you ask for? 



What products have you been loving this month? What are you maybe hoping to try out this month? Let me know :) I've been thinking about picking up one or two of the Simply Vamp Lip Creams by NYX, but we'll see! 

And lastly, if you're interested in checking out Ipsy, here's a link for that!









No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS