Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 2014 Ipsy Bag Review!!!

I was super happy with all the picks I got this month in my ipsy bag!! For those of you who don't know, Ipsy is a subscription bag that sends you 5 deluxe/ full size beauty products in the mail once a month for $10. Each of the picks in your bag is supposed to be specialized for you based off of your beauty preferences.

This month I felt that all of the picks I got were so usable and perfect for this time of the year, and I'm definitely very excited to incorporate these products into my beauty routine :)

If you're at all interested in Ipsy, you can sign up here! http://www.ipsy.com/home

Also, I apologize for the iphone quality pictures, hopefully I get my hands on a quality camera soon!!


the bag: Ipsy
cost: $10/ month
contents: full size/ deluxe size makeup products

The Bag: The bag this month was a super cute silver faux leather makeup bag, to go along with the "Street Style" theme. I have to say, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Ipsy makeup bags. As cute as they are every month (and look at this studded one, so cute!!! So punk rock!!!) they often just end up cluttering my room. However, a handful of them have found practical uses; for instance, I have two that I'm using in my school bag. I really like this one though, so perhaps I'll put some essentials in it and bring it to concerts!!! 


NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow in Chandelier ($4.50): I'm always a bit apprehensive about NYX eye shadows, because I feel they're so hit or miss. Sometimes the color pay off is phenomenal, other times it's horrid. I'm still up in the air about this one, to be frank. I was pleased that Ipsy sent me such a neutral color (let's be real, I wasn't about to work those deep purples), however, I feel like this one is really particularly sheer and shimmery. Because of this, I don't know how much I can say for the color payoff, but it really makes a lovely inner corner highlight, so I know I'll get a lot of use out of it!!! And the packaging is cute too, so that can't hurt :) (color swatch below)


Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask ($26.00 for a full size of 5.25 oz, received 1 oz for ~$4.95): I've gotta say, I am ALL ABOUT hair masks and treatments. As you would probably expect, seeing as I've bleached half my head. I was particularly interested in this mask, as the Brigeo line is actually going to be launched in Sephora stores in the near future!! And the nice thing about Ipsy is that you actually recieve a good enough size that you can get a few uses out of it, and really get a feel for whether or not you like the product. After washing my hair (on Tuesday) I found that it didn't weigh my hair down at all, and that my hair seemed shinier and more voluminous for days afterward (it's Thursday and I'm still impressed by my hair days!!). I'll keep you posted, but if all go wells this may become a staple in my hair care regiment!


Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Love Affair ($19): When I first saw this lip gloss in my Ipsy bag, I'll admit to being a bit disappointed that I had been sent the deeper shade, rather than that more natural pinkie tone being offered this month. But as soon as I put it on, it was love at first sight. Coming from someone who really shy's away from vibrant lip colors- this one is absolutely lovely. It's a very pretty wine color, and it's a bit more sheer than it appears in the tube so it's not overwhelming. Despite being a novice when it comes to lip colors, I think that I'll definitely get a lot of use out of this when fall hits southern California, and it's not 100 degrees out!! (swatch below)

Pacifica Natural Water- Proof Eye Pencil in Fringe ($11 for a full size, received a half side for ~ $5.50): Tried this pencil out today, seems very creamy. It went on my waterline like a dream, but it was awful on the tightline. That may just be because I'm very picky about eyeliners I'll put on my tightline though. There was a time where I was very into brown eyeliner on my waterline, so we'll see if this product can rekindle that love in me!! (see swatch below)


Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush ($17.50, on sale for $6.99): I love getting makeup brushes from Ipsy!!! Adore this one. The Shadow/ Crease duo makes it PERFECT for traveling, and if it's sale it's an incredible deal. It's so soft :) Definitely going to get a lot of use out of this, I can never have too many eye shadow brushes! 



This makes the total value of my bag $40.94, which is 4x more than the price of $10 that I paid. The lip gloss alone was almost double the price!! I think it's so worth the price and already know that all of these products will end up being fall beauty favorites for me. What about you? What did you guys get and how did you like your September bags? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS