Friday, March 13, 2015

February Faves!!

Hello all! Time has just flown by, it's been so hard to find the time to sit down and post! But I've definitely missed it, and I'm going to try to be posting a lot more in the coming weeks. Also, I hope you all have been doing well! Spring is here, which is really lovely, here in San Diego it's like the sun has been out 24/7. :)

I realize that it's almost mid-March, but I really didn't want to let a month go by without doing a favorites post, so I've collected a few of my favorites from February to share with you guys today. A lot (almost all!) of these products have remained staples in my beauty routine moving into March, so I have had a lot of time to figure out what it is exactly I like about them. Let's get on with it!



1) L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in the shade 250 Absolute Taupe ($9.99)- In February, I got really into wearing cooler tone shades instead of my normal warmer tones (maybe it had something to do with the end of winter?), so I really got a lot of usage out of every shade in this quad. The pigmentation of these eye shadows is incredible! Seriously, the color payoff at that price is a total bargain, definitely up to par with some of the higher-end shadows in my collection. My favorite, and the one I used every day was the second shade, which is a true taupe, often with the fourth shade (cool brown) in the crease. 





2) Bourjois Bronzing Powder + Highlighter Duo ($11.99)- This bronzing powder and highlighter duo (which I received from Lois over at Bunnipunch!!) has quickly become one of my favorites. I can see why this brand is so popular over in the UK!! While I wasn't overly impressed by the highlighter, which seems to be the general consensus in the beauty blogger community, the bronzer is amazing! It wears really well and isn't orange-y at all. I also really like the packaging, it's a little gimmicky, but I think it's adorable!




 3) Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl ($22)- I received this product in my February Glossybox (post here!), and have been very impressed with it since. It stays on all day, and if I wear it out and forget to take off my makeup before bed, it's honestly still in place in the morning, which is incredible. The brush is quite large, but it makes application really easy, I only need a coat (two tops) to have really gorgeous, long lashes! And I'm still in love with that name. That's just a winning product name, in my opinon!


4) Lollipops Eye Pencil in the shade Goodbye Moon ($8.10?)- I'm not entirely sure this product is available in the US? I received it in my January Glossybox (shoutout to Glossybox, post here!), and it's converted me back to pencil eyeliners. It's just really creamy and smudges out so easily! I like to apply a fine line right above my lash line and then blend it out with a flat eye liner brush. If I really want it to last I can always set it with a black eye shadow, but I find it's not usually necessary, and that this product lasts very well on it's own! I also quite like the packaging, it's pretty reminiscent of Too Faced, which is one of my favorite lines!



5) Makeup Forever HD Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in the shade N9 Copper Pink ($20)- This was the birthday gift from Sephora in 2014 (a mini, part of a Makeup Forever sampler!). I really love this shade, it's like a perfect color match for my lips! I think if you're fairer it may be quite a dark shade, but it works as a your-lips-but-better color for me. As soon as I finish the mini I will definitely be picking up a full size! It's very moisturizing and no fuss as well, I just apply it straight from the bullet, no lip liner required.


And that was it! I want to thank you guys for sticking with me through my brief little hiatus, hopefully I'll be posting again very soon! Be sure to let me know in the comments what products you loved this past month :) Until next time!

Stay beautiful!
- Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS