Sunday, March 22, 2015

2015 Goals and Positive Thoughts!!


Hey guys! Today's post is a bit out of the ordinary, but I felt like it was something I really wanted to talk about. A few months back, I wrote myself a letter and gave it to a friend to hold onto, and today (about 6 months later) she gave it back to me. I had completely forgotten about it, and so when I opened it to read it, I was fully expecting it to be a reminder of all the struggles and negativity that had been on my mind 6 months ago. However, it was entirely positive and full of good vibes- my first sentence is literally, "Hi Whit! I just wanted to give you a reminder that you're a queen.".

It really made me realize that in the last few months, after working my butt off to achieve the things I wanted in 2014, I had become really passive in my own life, and had focused a lot on the negative things. I suppose in contrast to how hard I worked in 2014, I was hoping things would work themselves out for me in 2015. But reading this letter to myself made me realize that I don't want to the type of person that sits and waits for things- I want to be positive and reach for the things I want. There has to be a fine line between the two extremes. So I've come up with a few simple goals I'd like to achieve :)

1) Eat healthier and try to work out 3 times a week. Ever since my gym closed in January, I've found myself increasingly sluggish and lazy. As a result, my eating habits have gotten worse as well. Back when I was running several times a week, I felt healthy, light, and motivated- and I think it's about time I got back on that horse!

2) Post my outfits on Instagram at least twice a week. As much as I love and truly enjoy blogging, it's something I'm very shy about in real life. It's really difficult for me to talk about my blog or post pictures of my outfits because I worry about what people will say or think- and I don't want to do that anymore. This is something I really enjoy, and hope to do for the rest of my life, and anyone that doesn't want that for me doesn't belong in my life!

3) Only say things that are true, and always be kind when I say them. For those of you who don't know, I was raised Buddhist (I'm a poor one, but one nonetheless!). This has always been one of my favorite ideals of Buddhism- that everything you say should be true, kind, and without malice. I think in the last few months I've become very concerned with how other people perceive me, and have been less inclined to speak my mind, and have also lashed out at the people around me as a result of that stress. Obviously, that's not a good thing, so here's to shutting it down! 

Those are the main ones, and perhaps I'll update this list as I go :) The last paragraph of my letter to myself was very sweet- it assured me that I was strong, beautiful, and that any choices I had made in my life were the right ones for me and that everything was going to turn out fine. I hope this is a lesson you take in your life as well- the same holds true for you! No one is ever going to be able to love you as well or as unconditionally as yourself. 

I also included $5 and told myself to buy a bath bomb and to treat myself- I advise you to do the same. You deserve it!

I love you all, stay beautiful!
- Whit 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS