Saturday, January 31, 2015

What's in my School Bag?

Hello all! It's been a real minute since I've posted, and I apologize for that! Heading back to school can be a real killer, what with trying to get ahead on reading, making sure you get all the classes you need, and readjusting to waking up at 7 am. As such, I thought today I'd make a quick post showing you guys what I like to carry in my school bag!



I purchased my bag from ASOS probably about a year ago, and it's held up beautifully. Unfortunately, it's sold out, but they have an extremely similar one on sale currently here! It's got two main compartments, along with a zippered pocket on the inside of the bag where I like to keep my keys. Here are some of my essentials:

Wallet- A given. Even if you're trying to resist the pressures of spending money on food on campus (which I always am), it's still a good idea to have your wallet! You never know when you'll need your ID or even just a dollar to buy a few scantrons last minute!

Snacks- Returning to that first point of trying not to spend money on food, I like to have a snack that I can munch on continuously throughout the day. At our campus market, you can buy a 10 oz bag of yogurt covered pretzels for $2.99. I probably buy one bag of these a week because they're sweet, salty, filling, not exuberantly unhealthy, and can last me a whole week :)

Calculator- A necessity for me as I'm taking intermediate statistics this semester, but if you don't need one, then I'd definitely save the space in your bag. Your phone probably has all of the functions you'll need day to day!

Notebook- I'm very notorious for not taking notes, so I manage to make one notebook last for a variety of classes. Additionally, I like to just keep articles I'm reading tucked into my notebooks, so I can keep them together with my notes. Obviously, this isn't going to work for everyone. Some people really like to take notes during lectures, and if that's the case a binder or numerous notebooks may  work better for you!

Kindle Fire 7- For a long time I debated getting a tablet, and after last semester when I finally got sick of lugging my laptop around, I finally splurged this year. I honestly love it, I wish I'd made the switch sooner! I especially love that it's small enough to fit in my bag. I use mine to pull up lectures, so I can follow along but still have room for my notebooks (I'm really a hard-copy kind of note girl), and I also have come to really like reading on it. If nothing else, it saves me a bit of room in my bag that would have traditionally been taken up by a physical book. Lastly, when I need it to function more like a laptop, I did also get a little detachable keyboard, but I would definitely say this isn't necessary at all, and just the kindle itself is phenomenal value. 10/10, would recommend!!

The two ways I like to use my kindle: 1) for lectures and 2) reading for pleasure!

I thought I would also show you very quickly the little bits and bobs I like to keep in the smaller pocket of my bag :)


Headphones- I need headphones on my person at all times. If I don't have them, it's reason enough to drive home and come back. I wish I was kidding. Mine are falling apart, and I'd love to pick up some new ones, so if you know of a more budget option with good sound quality, let me know down in the comments!

Pens, Pencils, and Highlighters- I don't honestly think you can call it school without these three things!

Lip Balm- Just something that's nice to have on hand. The Maybelline Baby Lips formula is probably one of my all time favorites!

Perfume Rollerball- Sometimes, after being on campus for 10 hours, you feel like you reek of school. That's why I like to keep a rollerball in my bag, just so I can keep feeling like I smell pretty! The one I have currently is Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift, which is a very sweet scent with notes of sandalwood and golden amber. 

Hand Cream- Really just another comfort product. Dry hands are never a good time. The one I've got with me is the Strawberries and Cream scent from the be Delectable line from cakebeauty, which I recieved in an Ipsy bag.

And that's it! I really hope you enjoyed this post, and if you're back in school (or not) be sure to leave me a comment letting me know what are your handbag essentials :)

Stay beautiful!!!
- Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS