Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Winter Empties!

Hello all! Funny how it feels like I haven't posted in forever, when in reality it's only been four days. I hope you have all been doing well, and if you are back in school or about to go back to school, I hope that all goes well for you :) I've been collecting all of my empties for awhile (probably since November?) and have accumulated a pretty good-sized bag's worth, so let's get on with it!


I love empties posts because I feel like they're sort of like checkups, you tend to get a snapshot of a review for a product you may have heard about awhile back. So for today, I've separated out my empties into a few different categories, and there's a handful of products in each!

Makeup


1) Maybelline the Falsies Mascara ($6.99)- I think this mascara is well known in the beauty blogger community as a staple mascara. It's easy to apply, consistently beautiful, lengthens, volumes, and holds a curl. True to it's name, it really does make it look like you're wearing false lashes. This is at least the second tube of this mascara I've gone through, and I will definitely be repurchasing it (as soon as I've used up a few more of the mascaras I own!).

2) Benefit Gimme Brow in the color Medium/ Deep ($22)- If you've been following me for awhile you're probably sick of me talking about this product, so I won't go on too much about it. All I'll say is this is the best brow product I have tried to date, and I will definitely be repurchasing it in the near future. And I can now officially say I've tried other brow gels, and this one still comes out on top.

Skincare/ Bath


1) Bath and Body Works Wild Honeysuckle Body Lotion ($11)- I can't seem to find a link to the body lotion online, but I'm fairly certain you can find it in stores. I love the scent of honeysuckle, it's definitely one of my favorites. I just think it's so pretty and delicate. Bath and Bodyworks lotions are awesome, they sink in pretty quickly and they're very fragrant, so I think I would definitely repurchase this scent, especially now as it'd be perfect for spring!

2) The Body Shop Early Harvest Raspberry Body Scrub ($10)- I can't find this product online, but I know for a fact that it's in stores and it's on sale. I mentioned this product in my 2014 favorites, and unfortunately our time together has come to an end :( I loved this scrub, it's gentle enough for everyday use and the scent is just so lovely, it's not overwhelming at all (and I don't even like raspberries!). The only thing keeping me from running out and purchasing it is that I would like to try a different scrub, so if you have a recommendation be sure to leave me a comment letting me know!

3) Lush Flying Fox Shower Gel ($9.95)- I picked up this travel size over the summer for when I went to the east coast, and then realized it was silly of me to be saving this product specifically for travel, so I went ahead and finished it up. The scent is EXTREMELY jasmine heavy, to the point where by the time I was nearing the end of this shower gel I was over it, despite loving jasmine. I do really like the gel and I would repurchase it, but I don't think I would ever purchase a full size or even a mid size bottle, just because the smell can get to be very overbearing. It really does leave you smelling nice after a shower, though!

Haircare


1) L'Oreal EverSleek Shampoo and Conditioner ($6.99 each)- I really like the L'Oreal shampoos and conditioners, I think they're incredible, especially for the price point. I did like the EverSleek branch a bit more than I liked the EverCreme range, as I just felt like my hair was healthier and looked shinier. However, this branch is a bit heavier, so if you're someone who maybe uses a lot of product in your hair this may leave you with a bit of buildup, and it also has more of a chemical smell than did the EverCreme range. I would definitely repurchase though!

2) Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask ($26.00 for a full size)- I really liked this mask!! I received a sample in my Ipsy bag back in September, and promptly used it all up. It smelled awesome, it's very sweet and almond-y, and honestly left my hair light and shiny after just one use. I would absolutely recommend it! I'm not really one for hair masks, but I think that if I had a dollar to spare (which, let's be honest, as a college student I don't) I would definitely spoil myself with this one!

3) Bvlgari Ea Parfumee Au The Vert Conditioner ($45 for a full size)- I received this product in my mystery glossybox (link here!) and, I'll be honest, this was the worst conditioner I've ever used in my life. It was a super watery consistency, and it never seemed to make any difference, I never felt like my hair was healthier or shinier or even easier to manage. I suppose if you liked the scent of the conditioner it may be worth it, but for me, it was overly peppery and just really not my taste. I wouldn't recommend or purchase this product, and for $45 per bottle, I was extremely let down. Save your money.

Candles


1) Bath and Bodyworks Mini Candles in the scents Spiced Cider and Pumpkin Caramel Latte ($4.50 each)- Because these are seasonal scents, I don't think they're online or in store anymore. I burned these around Thanksgiving/ the beginning or December, and really liked them both. The Pumpkin Caramel Latte was very sugary, while the Spiced Cider smelled (in my opinion) like Thanksgiving in a candle. That is literally the only way I can describe it! As you can see, I typically burn them until you can see they've burnt all the way down to the little metal nub at the bottom. If there's a way to burn them past there, be sure to let me know!

That's it for all of my empties guys, I hope you enjoyed this post! I'll talk to you all soon :)

Stay beautiful!
- Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS