Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

(Belated) May Favorites!!!

Hello all!! I've barely had a chance to post these last few months- I've been so busy! The good news is, I have some very exciting prospects as we move into July, so hopefully I'll be able to fill you in on those soon!! In the meantime, I figured I might as well still do my May favorites- better late than never, right? In the summer I do tend to get very lazy with my makeup routine, so I've almost been using just these five products exclusively.


1) e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette in the color California ($10)- Wow, I picked up this palette in my last drugstore haul, and I am absolutely in love with it. Every single shade is perfect for everyday wear- and applied over a primer, they are pretty long lasting as well. I like applying them wet, because I feel like that's when you get the most pigmentation. I think it's rare that you find a palette where you could wear any shade on any given day- which is why this palette has seen use every day over the last month.


2) City Color Be Matte Lipstick in the shade Cappucino ($4.99)- This was one of those lipsticks I had but never particularly used, until the other day when I realized the shade was exactly what I was looking for this time of year. It is matte so it is pretty drying when you apply it, but I think for the price point it's a steal. The color is super wearable; a browner rose tone, and perfect for that bronzed kind of look people tend to go for during the summer :)


 3) Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in the shade Chocolate ($30)- I absolutely love this bronzer. If you take it in the hollows your cheeks, it's the perfect shade for contouring, but if you brush it along your forhead or around your temples, it warms up your skin tone. Every once in awhile, I think I should probably try other bronzers, but then I figure, if it isn't broken, why fix it?


4) bellapierre Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in the shade Ebony ($14.99)- I received this product in last month's Ipsy bag, and I've fallen in love with it. I love black pencil eyeliners, and this one is gentle enough to use on my waterline without irritating it. I'm not sure that I like it quite as much as the Too Faced eyeliner, but I think for the price it's an excellent dupe!


5) NYX Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in the shade Black ($6.99)- With this product, I can honestly say doing my eyebrows has become one of my favorite parts of my day (as if it wasn't before). But honestly, I just love how easy it is and how strong my brow is when I'm finished- it gives me such a confidence boost! I think for that price this product is unbeatable. Definitely takes the cake for this month's absolute favorite.


Alright guys, that's it for me today!! What have you guys been loving lately? Be sure to let me know in the comments! :) Until next time, stay beautiful!!

- Whitney

1 comment:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS