Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Travel Diary: San Diego!

Can you really call a visit to your hometown a travel diary? I'm gonna say yes, since technically I don't live there, haha.

Hey guys! It's been quite awhile since I've posted here- just short of a full year! A full year would've been July... which is just crazy. A lot has changed for me in the last year- I've moved to LA county (LBC) and almost completed a full year of graduate school. Now that I'm  on the tail end of my first year of my MS (which I've been told is the hardest year!) I've decided it's time to come back to my passion project... running this blog!

And I figured what could be a better way than returning to my roots? :) One of my best friends recently came back to visit San Diego from Maryland, and brought with her another friend who had never been to the west coast before. I had the opportunity to go around with the two of them to a few of my favorite spots- places I'm now gonna share with all of you! If you follow me on instagram you may have seen a few of these shots, but I'll go a bit more in depth here :)

OOTD




Dress // Charlotte Russe
Flats // Topshop
Bag // Zara
Bracelet // Ava (via Le Tote)



I wouldn't be much of a fashion blogger if I didn't start with an OOTD, right? Also a little surprise for you guys- I got a few new tattoos and piercings over the last year! Since the sun was out, I took the opportunity to wear a dress where you could see a bit of my thigh tattoo :) I'm also still loving my Topshop flats (please Topshop, restock these! I'll buy 10 pairs!), which have lasted me well over a year now. This little bowling bag from Zara has become my favorite, as it manages to hold all my things but is also small enough to keep me from overloading it with all the miscellaneous items I tend to accumulate (I'm talking liquid lipsticks, receipts....). Lastly, I got this adorable little cuff from Ava via Le Tote... if you haven't heard of it, it's basically like the old netflix DVD subscriptions, but for clothes. Expect a full review in the coming weeks, I'm obsessed with this service! :)


The Breakfast Republic- North Park


If you can only have one brunch in San Diego... make it the Breakfast Republic!! Hands down my favorite place. There's a few locations, one in North Park, Liberty Station, Encinitas, and one opening in Ocean Beach. If you're an eggs benedict afficionado like I am, this is the place for you! Pictured above is the traditional eggs benedict, but rest assured I have tried every single one on the menu (with the exception of the crab cakes benedict- but my roommate HIGHLY recommends it and it's next on my list) and they were all phenomenal. Also, don't sleep on the jurrassic pork (candied cayenne) bacon. It's heavenly. 

Seaport Village




I don't want this post to get super wordy (too late for that, haha!) so I'll let the beauty of Seaport Village speak for itself. It's a must-see attraction in San Diego though. It's also the location of the iconic Sailor/Nurse statue, and the Midway museum :) 

Frost Me Cupcakes




Seaport Village is also home to a Cupcake Wars Champion- Frost Me! I had their Strawberry Lemonade cupcake, and it was incredible... my mouth is watering thinking about that strawberry ganache on top!!

Sunset Cliffs/ Ocean Beach


We ended the day at Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma to watch the sunset. It's absolutely beautiful here, there's no sand or anything, so you can just sit on the cliffs and watch the ocean crash against the rocks. So breathtaking! We also grabbed some pizza from Pizza Port for dinner, which I must have deleted my photos of... but I posted one if you'd like to check it out. The pizza here is so so good, and they carry a lot of local craft beers too (San Diego is like, the microbrewery capital!) so you get a nice flavor of what SD is all about. And that is pizza and beer on the beach.

I hope you guys enjoyed this little taste of my hometown! I'm sorry it was so long, I got carried away :( I'm going to be doing a bit more traveling in the next few months (including Orlando, Whitefish MT, and MELBOURNE!!) so if you like these kinds of posts let me know!

Talk to you soon guys, stay beautiful :)

- Whit



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS